Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Experience at the Cango Wildlife Ranch


On Sunday 19th September 2010, myself and 3 friends visited the Cango Wildlife Ranch in Outshoorn and the experience was truly an unforgettable one. The Ranch is known to be the Valley of Ancients and an endangered species breeding facility extraordinaire.

The ranch has the oldest and biggest cheetah contact centre world-wide which offers visitors the rare opportunity of interacting with hand-reared cheetahs and getting actively involved in saving this species and others from extinction.

The most amazing experience that I encountered was viewing real life crocodiles being fed, these animals are truly extraordinary and did you know that they are the only reptiles that consider humans as food. I would not want to get to close to those jumping jaws, they are not friendly at all. I also experienced crocodile meat for the first time and it really is not that bad – It Taste like Chicken lol.

I would recommend the ranch to anybody as it is an experience of a lifetime.

2 comments:

  1. It is great out there! :) I love the cheetahs! You can even take photos with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crocodiles scare the crap out of me, I get chills down my spine just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete