Thursday, July 15, 2010

Try a Cliche

I woke up on Saturday morning ready to get dressed and go for a job and I discovered that it was "Raining cats and dogs", what a huge dissapointed as all my plans for the day was outside and of cause I had my first idols audition, "Break a leg" said my Dad as I rushed to get the perfect outfit, hair and makeup done and out the door.

What a disaster I realised that there were roadworks and traffic was not moving, eventually I got to the venue an hour late greeted by one of the judges who said, "Better late than never" I felt a sense of dispair come over me and all I wanted to do was curl up into a ball and cry, "There truly is no place like home" I sighed but tried my best to see the sunshine through the rain.

As I sat there, this young lad came up to me and said well you can't just give up "Are you a man or a mouse" my spirits were immediately lifted. I eventually went for the audition which was a huge success and I progressed to the next round.

So I thought to myself, "All's well ends well" and it surely did...

3 comments:

  1. hehe good use of many cliches :) Good way of interpreting the topic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written, one of the best Iv came accross thus far. Really enjoyed your angle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I really enjoyed your story and the way you managed to fit in cliche phrases. Well done!

    ReplyDelete